Saturday, December 12, 2009

Apple Safari team, take note!

Safari is a fine browser, but has one irksome failing: When you quit and relaunch Safari, none of the previously-open pages relaunch. (Unlike Apple Mail, for example.)
Yes, you can go to History and "open all previous windows." But this is an unnecessarily irritating step.
And if you should relaunch Safari and subsequently open a few new windows, and then have to quit for some reason, only those last few windows will be re-open using that command.
To get all your previous windows open, you will have to ploddingly go and re-open every one of them individually through the History window.
I know it's not good practice, but since I have tons of RAM, I often have two dozen or more windows open. Sort of having lots of papers on my desk.
What I'm asking for is not rocket science. Omniweb, for example, does this automatically.
Apple, are you listening?
Probably not.

No comments: