Saturday, April 3, 2010

My iPad has landed

UPS delivered it at 12:13 p.m.
It immediately located my Airport WiFi network (along with one from a neighbor) and I set it to use mine. Perfect. No futzing around.
Setup was quite straightforward, although it led me into the woods for a while, trying to sync data from my MobileMe account (which I rarely use).
Once I stepped back and selected "restore from iPhone" data, it went busily to work. It downloaded videos, selected photos, music, apps et al plus all iCal info and 128 of my last Mail messages. (Why that number of messages? I've got to do some digging.) It automatically asked permission to access from other mail accounts,just like my iPhone did. Cool.
My main pain in the neck is that it's asking for passwords for a lot of apps. I'll get to that in a bit.
Right now I want to go through the built-in tutorial.
I'm a happy camper!

No comments: